Wednesday, February 25, 2009

8 Weeks Today!

Today baby is 8 weeks old! Only 7 more months until we are able to hold our baby. Nothing has really changed this week except that my symptoms have been added to. I now have raging morning sickness, fatigue, and heartburn. My stomach and throat hurt all of the time because they have been so abused. I also cannot open the fridge without gagging...it really is ridiculous. On a happy note, our next appointment is on March 5th which is only a week away! At that appointment we will set up our next sonogram, which will be around 11 or 12 weeks. By then baby will actually look like a human and not a blob. We are very excited about seeing our little baby again.

Above is my 8 week belly. Honestly, there is nothing to see except a little bloat, but it will be fun to compare pictures each week to see how I grow. Right now, I can't fit into any of my pants. I went to find a few new jeans and realized I was going to have to go up 2 sizes in order for me to button them. I decided to give in a buy a few pair of maternity jeans. I just roll the panel down and they are very comfortable.

I found this on another blog and loved it. I am going to fill it out each week.
How far along? 8 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: none...although my stomach tells a different story
Maternity clothes? Bella Band and a few pairs of jeans when I'm super bloated.
Stretch marks? One on my side, but we won't blame that on baby.
Sleep: My new bedtime is 8 or 9. I do have issues staying asleep when m/s hits though.
Best moment this week: Seeing baby and his wonderful heartbeat!
Movement: None yet.
Food cravings: None, baby and I hate everything except PBJ.
Gender: I'm thinking it will be a boy for some reason.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still in
What I miss: Being able to eat on a regular basis.
What I am looking forward to: The next sonogram in less than a month!
Weekly Wisdom: Deli meat will not give you listeria.
Milestones: Baby's heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment