Wednesday, May 6, 2009

18 weeks!

18 weeks! We are almost halfway through! This week has been not so wonderful. My morning sickness is back and I can hardly eat again. My anti-nausea medicine has stopped working so it looks like I am going to have to just deal with it for now. I also have a cold that just won't go away. I probably should go to the doctor and get something to make me better. I've been trying to keep this pregnancy as drug-free as possible, but if I'm not better by Monday I will probably cave and get something to make me better.

We still don't know what we are having, but after this continuing morning sickness, we are coming up with a boy name we both agree on. You would think it would be easy, but there really are no good boy names except Jack (which Andrew doesn't like) and Andrew (that would get very confusing) so we are at a loss. We do have our girl name though. We decided on Emma Grace about a month ago.

Next week is our big ultrasound. I can't wait to see our little one again and finding out if frilly bloomers or paperboy hats will be on our shopping list.

How far along? 18 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Lost less than .5 pounds this week. That puts me up 4.3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes? All of my bottoms. I'm still wearing a lot of my pre-pregnancy shirts.
Stretch marks? No, but broken blood vessels are another thing. Luckily they can be covered up!
Sleep: Great. I am sleeping 10 hours a night.
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby.
Movement: A few kicks each day. The baby likes when I drink apple juice.
Food cravings: None, I am sick again.
Gender: Not totally sure, but with this continuing m/s, I'm betting on boy.
Labor Signs: None and lets keep it that way for the next 19 weeks or so.
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's wide now.
What I miss: Not being sick.
What I am looking forward to: Going home to visit my family.
Milestones: Baby can suck his thumb this week! Very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment