Wednesday, May 13, 2009

19 weeks!

We are 19 weeks today which means we are a little over halfway to a full term baby! I cannot believe how quickly the 2nd trimester is flying by. Unfortunately, my morning sickness is flying on with me and I am still sick. It is not nearly as severe as it was a few weeks ago, but still strikes once or twice about every other day. I have resigned to the fact that there is a chance my morning sickness will follow me all the way to the delivery room in October.

This week has been full of baby related things. We found we are having a boy and we picked out the name Henry William. We told our parents last Friday and ever since then Henry has been kicking up a storm. We ordered our stroller and car seat. It is on it's way and I cannot wait to try it out when it gets here. We also registered at Babies R Us. It was a lot of fun and a little stressful. I had to sit down and drink a Sprite about halfway through because I felt dizzy. I guess Henry is already interfering with my shopping abilities. On my last day in Evansville, my mom and I went shopping. I bought some great sleepers and little outfits. Yesterday, Andrew brought home some swaddling blankets. Our little man is already spoiled!

Henry had a huge growth spurt this week. My stomach was a little sore and a few days later I woke up with a much larger bump. It's hard to tell in the picture because most of the growth was pretty low, but I am definitely getting bigger. I gained 2 pounds just this week and I am not thrilled. I am going to blame it on Henry's growth spurt and my 3 day Mexican binge while I was in Evansville.

Tomorrow is our next ultrasound. They are going to measure Henry to make sure he is growing on schedule and also check his organs to make sure they are functioning properly. They will also let us know what we are having...they better say boy!

* How far along?: 19 weeks.
* Total weight gain: 6.2 pounds. I gained 2 pounds this week, but expected it because Henry had a growth spurt and so did I.
* How big is baby?: About 8.5 ounces and 6 inches long (the same size as the Subway Spicy Italian sandwich I am craving)
* Maternity clothes?: Bottoms. I can still get away with my pre-preg shirts if I wear long maternity tanks under them.
* Stretch marks?: Not yet. Thank god!
* Sleep?: I can't sleep on my back anymore and that's making it difficult.
* Best moment this week?: Telling our parents we are having a boy!
* Movement?: I feel him everyday. He gave me a hard kick the other day and I saw my belly move.
* Food cravings?: Subway, pizza, and chili cheese Frito's. Very unhealthy!
* Labor signs?: No and lets keep it that way.
* Belly button in or out?: Still in.
* What I miss: Sleeping on my back. I want to cry thinking about it.
* What I'm looking forward to: Our next ultrasound that is tomorrow!
* Milestone: Our baby boy has a name! Henry William.

I've had a few questions about my stroller. I ordered it from albeebaby.com and it was 50% off. I am not sure how long the sale will be, but as of today it's still going on.

1 comment:

  1. You look great, Amy! I'm sorry to hear the m/s is still sticking around. But at least it's not as bad as it was before.

    By the way, I left you some blog love on my blog. Check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete