Wednesday, March 25, 2009

12 Weeks

We are 12 weeks today!! I remember when I first found out I was pregnant, I could not wait until I hit 12 weeks. According to the doctor I am in my 2nd trimester. According to everything else I've read, I will be in my 2nd trimester at the end of the 12th week. Either way, WOW, I can't believe I am already in or near the 2nd tri. I still am having morning sickness. I think it's getting a little less intense, but on the days I have it it is horrible. Even though I still have morning sickness, I am able to eat some normal food again. I even ate mexican and pizza this week. The only other thing that is bothering me right now are my hips. They hurt bad sometimes and I am sure they are getting wider. I think I am going to need to invest in a body pillow soon. Speaking of investing, I did some investing in some very cute spring/summer maternity clothes. My favorite are all of my under the belly capris (see picture), but I also bought some with a panel because I am sure I will need them sooner or later. I'm not into maternity shirts just yet. I have found that the maternity looking tops at stores seem to fit great instead of looking funny.


How far along? 12 weeks!!!
Total weight gain/loss: still down 2.3 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Pants, but not shirts yet.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: My hips hurt, but I can usually sleep most of the night.
Best moment this week: Seeing my baby. Even if he was abusing my insides.
Movement: Seems as if our baby likes to sleep a lot, but when he is woken up he moves all around. Still can't feel it though.
Food cravings: Barefoot Contessa's french toast. Yum!
Gender: I thought I saw a little boy part during the u/s, but the tech said I didn't.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Nothing really. As hard as it is, I love being pregnant.
What I am looking forward to: Really having a hard bump. Only the bottom is hard right now.
Weekly Wisdom: Do not worry unless there is a reason to worry. Haven't I said this before.
Milestones: Hitting 12 weeks! My baby's organs are all developed. Now we are on to 28 weeks of perfecting everything.

1 comment: